Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday October 7

The following article was in the September issue of The Tiger Print. Read the article (even if you already have) and respond to it below. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Consider all perspectives of the article while you respond.


I completely agree with this article that she has written.  I think there should be a fine line between what is okay and what isn't okay.  I agree that girls shouldn't be blamed if their shoulder distracts some teenage boy from a lesson because there was no intent to do that, she was just simply wearing something she likes. I also agree that teachers shouldn't voice their opinion if they don't like an outfit; unless, the outfit is actually a problem.  From a teacher or administrator's point of view, I could see why they find the dress code issues a big deal.  They are probably tired of seeing girls wear short shorts and low cut shirts; but to me, if that is such a huge distraction, why don't they just make us wear uniforms? I think there just needs to be a known difference between short and too short, and that before making a rude comment about someone's outfit, maybe they should try to view it from another perspective. Below, I think that this outfit would be acceptable because even though there is a little crop top, she is wearing a cardigan to cover it up.
  Photo Credit (Actual URL not allowed access by school)

No comments:

Post a Comment